Tips for Teachers and Business Staff
Are you thinking of investing in interactive touch screen technology but are not sure if it is worth the money? An interactive touch screen can improve collaboration, engagement levels and learning outcomes. Therefore, it is definitely worth the investment as long as you use it to it’s full potential.
There is no point spending a few thousand pounds on a screen that you will simply use as a monitor. Interactive touch screens are all about getting people involved in the subject at hand, not just acting as a spectator.
Our Training and Development Manager, Sam Thistleton, worked as a Teacher in a school before joining Alpha Digital Networks. He knows the importance of making sure staff and pupils receive the full benefit of interactive touch screen technology. He is also passionate about ensuring Alpha’s customers have full knowledge of our interactive touch screens and AlphaTeach software so that everyone can benefit from the amazing equipment.
Lack of Knowledge
We have found that the lack of knowledge in schools and businesses about what these screens and software packages is a significant barrier. People often purchase interactive touch screens and simply use it as a whiteboard. However, these screens have so much more to offer. As a result, people are not seeing the value in their investment.
We believe that training staff to use the interactive touchscreens is an important part of the implementation of technology. This enables staff to make the most of the screens, feel confident when using the screens and to become more creative with presentations, meetings and lesson plans.
Top Tips for Getting the Most Out of your Interactive Touch Screens
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Alpha (and most other companies) offer help with any aspect of your new screen. There is no such thing as a stupid question!
- Book an initial training session for when the screens are installed. This may seem like an unnecessary expense but the value is unparalleled. Your staff will then know the basic functions of the screens so that no one gets left behind.
- If you already have screens installed but have had a change of staff or staff are just generally unsure, contact your supplier. They can often offer refresher sessions to help.
- Help each other. If you have one member of staff who has become a whizz at using the screens, ask them if they could show you around the screen or software, you might pick up some fantastic tips.
- Make the most of online resources. Often, suppliers have online resources from helpful videos to user guides or blogs to help you if you get stuck.
- Learn together and have a go- Teachers can get pupils involved in the learning process, putting their technical skills to the test. They might surprise you.
- Schedule a few training and refresher sessions so that you will always have peace of mind that your staff are using the technology to it’s full potential.
Alpha Digital Networks offers training sessions for AlphaInteractive touch screens and AlphaTeach software.
You can see our 4K AlphaInteractive touch screens here. AlphaTeach software is a learning software package, which allows the user to import Smart Notebook files with full functionality and then some. This means that the transition from old Smart screens is seamless. You can annotate over documents, pull resources from the internet or even create games to get classrooms buzzing.
We hope you have found this article useful.
If you would like a demonstration of the screens or a training session so you can make the most out of your screens, please call us on 03300020120 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.